A photograph of RMS Hound which was included in G & J Burns' Illustrated Souvenir, 1905.
The Hound was built and at the Fairfield Shipyard in Govan in 1893. She was 250 feet long and had a three-cylinder engine. She served on the Ardrossan to Belfast route and later the Royal Mail Line between Glasgow and Belfast in the colours of G & J Burns and Burns & Laird.
Reference: TD 644/36
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Burns & Laird, Fairfield Engineering & Shipbuilding Co, Fairfield Shipyard, G & J Burns, passenger steamers, RMS Hound, Royal Mail Line, shipping companies, shipping lines, steam ships