A photograph of the construction of the bridge which carries Pollokshaws Road over the White Cart Water north of Pollokshaws West railway station, 1928. The distinctive tower of Pollokshaws Burgh Hall is in the centre distance and the railway viaduct, built in 1847 to carry the Glasgow, Barrhead & Neilson line, is on the left.
The road bridge appears to have been built in two separate sections. Work is proceeding behind the protection of the caissons in the river itself, on the construction of the bridge piers.
Reference: D-OPW 76/55/15
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
bridges, burgh halls, concrete, construction sites, cranes, Glasgow, Barrhead & Neilston Railway, municipal buildings, navvies, Pollokshaws Burgh Hall, Pollokshaws West, railway stations, railway viaducts, River Cart, rivers, White Cart Water