The view looking east along Keppochhill Road in Cowlairs in 1925.
The building in on the right is Allan Ure & Co's Springbank Foundry which closed in 1968. Between the tenements in the centre distance and Sighthill Cemetery on the rising ground to the right is the cutting which carries the main Glasgow to Edinburgh railway line.
The blue No 4 tram on the Renfrew (eventually Renfrew Aerodrome) and Keppochhill Road route travelled from Cowlairs on an journey of nearly 9 miles through the city centre, over the Clyde and west to Renfrew.
Reference: D-OPW 76/20/1
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Allan Ure & Co, cemeteries, foundries, graveyards, iron founders, railways, Renfrew Aerodrome, Sighthill Cemetery, Springbank Foundry, streetscenes, tenements, tram lines, tramways