Woodside Public School at the junction of Woodlands Road (left) and Park Road in 1916. The building to the left of the photograph is the original school, one of the first to be built for the Glasgow School Board. It was designed by Robert Dalglish and erected in 1882. In the centre is the Italianate extension added in 1896.
In 2003 the original school building houses a large public house and the Scottish Trade Unions Congress occupies the later addition, with a comedy club in the basement.
Reference: D-ED 5/28/2/59
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
comedy clubs, Glasgow School Board, Hogshead, Italianate, primary schools, Scottish Trades Union Congress, secondary schools, The Stand, tramlines, Woodside Higher Grade School, Woodside Public School, Woodside School