Outdoor activities at Kennyhill Special School in 1916. The school was opened in the former Kennyhill House at the southern end of Alexandra Park in 1916, to cater specifically for disabled children with special educational needs. Pupils were encouraged to take exercise in the grounds.
Reference: D-ED 5/28/4/14
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Alexandra Park, children's games, country houses, disabled children, Kennyhill House, Kennyhill Special School, mansions, nurses, physical disabilities, special needs pupils, special needs schools, special schools, teachers, wheelchairs, women