Exercises at Adelphi Terrace Public School in the Gorbals in 1916. These girls are in a gymnasium building to the rear of the main school. There are climbing ropes suspended from the rafters and climbing frames mounted on the walls.
The school was designed by T L Watson and opened in 1894. It closed in 1966 and the gymnasium building was demolished, but the main building was converted to serve as an annexe to the College of Building and Printing.
Reference: D-ED 5/25/4
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Adelphi Terrace Public School, Adelphi Terrace School, children, College of Building and Printing, girls, Glasgow School Board, gymnasia, gymnasiums, gyms, PE, physical education, primary schools, PT, pupils