Adelphi Terrace School, Florence Street (originally Rose Street), Gorbals. The school was designed by Thomas L Watson and opened in 1894. The facade looked on to Adelphi Street and the tidal weir on the Clyde, just upstream from the Albert Bridge.
The words "School Board of Glasgow" are engraved on the frieze running along the top of the building. There are four decorated sets of childrens' swings in the playground.
In 2003 the building has an added third row of windows, and it houses an annexe of the Glasgow College of Building and Printing.
Reference: D-ED 5/25/1
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Adelphi Terrace Public School, Adelphi Terrace School, Glasgow College of Building and Printing, Glasgow School Board, playgrounds, primary schools, River Clyde, swings