A science class at North Kelvinside Secondary School on Oban Drive in 1916. The school had been opened in 1914 to provide secondary education in the North Kelvinside area of the city, which had been under the jurisdiction of the Maryhill School Board until it was amalgamated with the Glasgow School Board in 1911.
North Kelvinside School was enlarged in 1920 and further extended in 1965. In 1998 it was decided to merge the school with Cleveden Secondary, with the two school buildings continuing (as the Cleveden Road and Oban Drive Campuses of Cleveden School) until extensions could be completed at the Cleveden site. The North Kelvinside building was closed at the end of term in 2001 and demolished early in 2003 to make way for housing.
Reference: D-ED 5/10/4
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
children, classrooms, Cleveden Secondary School, Glasgow School Board, Maryhill School Board, North Kelvinside Secondary School, pupils, schools, science lessons, secondary schools, teachers