Playground exercises at Sir J N Cuthbertson School on Cuthbertson Street in Govanhill, looking east from Pollokshaws Road in 1916. The school was designed by James Miller and built in 1906. In winter and in bad weather, exercise classes would have been held in the school hall.
Sir John Neilson Cuthbertson, for whom the school was named, was Chairman of the Glasgow School Board between 1885 and 1903.
Reference: D-ED 5/15/3
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
children, Cuthbertson Primary School, Glasgow School Board, PE, physical education, playgrounds, primary schools, PT, pupils, Sir J N Cuthbertson Public School, Sir J N Cuthbertson School, teachers, women