A photograph of the exterior of Percy Street Special School in North Kelvinside, 1916. The building was designed in the Scots Baronial rather than the Italianate style more usually favoured by the Glasgow School Board. It was the first to be erected by the Board to cater for the special needs of children with physical disabilities.
Percy Street was subsequently renamed Hotspur Street and the school became Kelbourne School.
Reference: D-ED 5/12/1
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning