The extension to Woodside Public School on Woodlands Road, c 1980. The Italianate extension was built in 1896 on the island site between Woodlands Road, Eldon Street and Park Road, next to an existing school building which had been designed by Robert Dalglish and opened in 1882.
The school closed in 1999. The Scottish Trades Union Congress occupies the building at the beginning of the 21st century, with The Stand comedy club in the basement. The 1882 building became home to a large public house operated by a national chain.
Reference: T-ED 5/29/5/104
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
comedy clubs, Glasgow School Board, Hogshead, Italianate, primary schools, public houses, pubs, schools, Scottish Trades Union Congress, secondary schools, STUC, The Stand, Woodside Higher Grade School, Woodside Public School, Woodside School, Woodside Secondary School