Queen's Park Secondary School as it looked during the early 1980s. The school was built by the Cathcart Parish School Board and was accommodated in four buildings the earliest of which opened in 1874. One of the four buildings was destroyed by fire in 1912, and the primary school pupils were transferred to a new school in Cuthbertson Street, 1907-1912. The secondary school closed in 1994 and was converted to a Teachers' Resource Centre.
The buildings were acquired in the late 1990s by the Victoria Infirmary, which has its outpatients' department on the opposite side of Grange Road, and the building on the right was demolished. The site was awaiting development in 2003.
Reference: T-ED 5/29/5/97
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Cathcart Parish School Board, primary schools, Queen's Park Higher Grade School, Queen's Park Primary School, Queen's Park School, Queen's Park Secondary School, secondary schools, Teachers' Resource Centres, Victoria Infirmary