A photograph taken during the 1980s of Holy Cross Primary School in Calder Street, Govanhill. The Baroque-style building originally housed Calder Street Public School. It was designed by Andrew Balfour and built in 1914 in red sandstone. The architect also built Newlands Public School in Parkhead in 1895 and Langside Primary in 1904 for the Glasgow School Board.
Reference: T-ED 5/29/4/92
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Calder Street Public School, Holy Cross Primary School, Roman Catholic primary schools