A photograph taken in the mid 1970s of Victoria Primary School, on the corner of Hollybrook and Batson Streets in Govanhill. It was designed by Andrew Balfour in the Glasgow School Board's favoured red sandstone, three-storey Italianate style and opened (originally as Victoria Public School) in 1905.
Reference: T-ED 5/29/3/72
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Glasgow School Board, Italianate, primary schools, Victoria Primary School