A photograph of Garnetbank Primary School taken from Renfrew Street during the 1980s. It was built in 1905 to the design of Thomas L Watson, who had begun his own studies a hundred yards or so to the east along Renfrew Street at the Glasgow School of Art.
Garnetbank was a slight variation on the Glasgow School Board formula, adding bay windows and elements of Art Nouveau to the Board's favoured style. It remains at the beginning of the 21st century perched on the southern side of Garnethill, the rear of the building overlooking busy Sauchiehall Street.
Reference: T-ED 5/29/3/71
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Art Nouveau, Garnetbank Primary School, Glasgow School Board, Glasgow School of Art, primary schools