Golfhill Primary School on Circus Drive in Dennistoun was designed by Alexander Nisbet Paterson and opened in 1902. It was a good example of a standard Glasgow School Board building, with three storeys in red sandstone. The smaller building on the right was the school janitor's house.
The Board built many schools during the late 19th and early 20th centuries to offer the children of a rapidly expanding city at least a basic education. Primary school fees were abolished in 1892.
Reference: T-ED 5/29/3/63
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Glasgow School Board, Golfhill Primary School, janitors' houses, primary schools