Kennedy Street Wash-house in Townhead opened on 25 March 1899 with fifty wash-stalls. It was unusual in that it did not include public baths, probably because the Townhead Public Baths in nearby Collins Street provided local people with two pools and thirty-four private baths.
Reference: D-BW 1/6
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Kennedy Street Wash-house, laundry, public health, public hygiene, steamies, wash-houses, washing