Townhead Public Baths on Collins Street were officially opened on 8 June 1884, followed by the wash-house on 14 October. During the 1880s the rapidly-increasing population on the north bank of the River Clyde was provided with bathing and washing facilities at Greenhead, Townhead, Woodside and Cranstonhill.
Reference: D-BW 1/3
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
bathing, laundries, public baths, public health, swimming pools, Townhead Public Baths and wash-house, wash-houses, washing