Fire appliances from the North West Fire Station turning out to a call c 1965. They are, from left to right, a pump ladder, water tender escape (WrE), turntable ladder and control unit.
This station on Kelbourne Street was opened in 1941 to replace the one on Gairbraid Avenue which had opened in 1899. The Kelbourne Street station was replaced in turn by a new one at 775 Maryhill Road in 1995, when the name was changed from North West to Maryhill Fire Station.
Reference: TD 1431/53/11
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
fire appliances, fire engines, fire stations, Glasgow Fire Brigade, Glasgow Fire Service, Maryhill Fire Station, North West Fire Station, Strathclyde Fire Brigade