A photograph of the interior of the Fire Station restaurant, which opened in the engine room of the old Central Fire Station in Ingram Street in 1988.
The station had moved to Ingram Street from College Street in 1900 and it became the divisional headquarters for Strathclyde Fire Brigade when it was formed in 1975 following local government reorganisation. The fire station was closed in 1984 when Cowcaddens Fire Station was built on Port Dundas Road and in 1988 the building was converted to accommodate the restaurant.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries, Information and Learning
Central Fire Station, Fire Station Restaurant, fire stations, Glasgow Fire Brigade, Glasgow Fire Service, local government reorganisation, restaurants, Strathclyde Fire Brigade