This photograph of the Southern District Fire Station in Centre Street, Tradeston (opened 1916) was taken around 1924 and shows twenty-six of the thirty-four men based at the station. Behind the group is a Leyland Pump Escape attached to the back of the appliance. It had relatively primitive wooden wheels and was soon replaced by a 35-foot ladder.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries, Information and Learning
fire appliances, fire engines, fire fighters, fire stations, firemen, Glasgow Fire Brigade, Glasgow Fire Service, ladders, Leyland Pump Escapes, motor appliances, South Fire Station, Southern District Fire Station