In 1893 the Bellahouston Bowling Club had to relocate due to the construction of a section of the Glasgow District Subway through the greens at its former home off Paisley Road. The club’s new home was here at the junction of Beech Avenue and Manor Road, where it remained until it was forced to leave to make way for a section of the new M8 motorway during the early 1980s.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC 796.31 BEL
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Bellahouston Bowling Club, bowlers, bowling, bowling clubs, bowling greens, bowls, M8 motorway