A photograph of Springburn College in Flemington Street. The building was designed by James Miller and built in 1909, originally as the offices of the North British Locomotive Co. It was converted to a college of engineering in 1962-1965 and it is thought that this photograph was taken at about that time. It became North Glasgow College in 1991.
Evidence of the building's history can be found either side of the main entrance, where the figures of Speed in her chariot and with flying cloak, and Science seated on a globe holding dividers and a torch, are depicted in stone.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
continuing education, engineering, locomotive builders, North British Locomotive Co, North Glasgow College, offices, sculptures, Springburn College, technical colleges