St Mary's Episcopal Cathedral was designed as a parish church by Sir George Gilbert Scott and built between 1871 and 1874 on the north side of Great Western Road in Woodside. In 1893 Scott's second son John Oldrid Scott added the magnificent spire which dominates the local landscape.
In 1908 St Mary's became the Cathedral Church of the Diocese of Glasgow and Galloway.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
cathedrals, church spires, churches, Scottish Episcopal Church, St Mary's Episcopal Cathedral