A photograph of the Custom House in Clyde Street, c 1895. It was designed by customs officer John Taylor and opened in 1840.
The building housed officials who collected duties on imports and exports at the harbour and held registers of ships. Described as neat, Greek and Doric, it was subsequently acquired for the Procurator Fiscal's office.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
boys, children, custom house officers, Customs House, exports, horses and carts, imports, nosebags, Office of the Procurator Fiscal, streetscenes, women