A photograph taken c 1937 showing the newly-completed eastern extension of the Meadowside Granary in Partick. The date of construction and the initials CNT (Clyde Navigation Trust - the owners) are engraved on the panel at the top of the new thirteen-storey building.
The photograph shows lorries and railway wagons being loaded with grain. Three branch railway lines were laid into the granary.
Two new granaries were added at Meadowside in the 1960s. They were all demolished in 2002-2003 as part of the Glasgow Harbour development.
Reference: T-CN 19/28
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
branch railways, Clyde Navigation Trust, Glasgow Harbour, grain, granaries, lorries, Meadowside Granary, railway wagons, trains