Damage at the construction site of the Meadowside Granary caused by the storm which hit Glasgow on 27 November 1912. Winds of up to 73 mph battered the city and blew down four of the cranes at the site causing damage to both the scaffolding and structure.
The Clyde Navigation Trust began building the 13-storey brick granary in 1911 and completed it in 1913. It was extended in the 1930s and two more granaries were erected in the 1960s. The huge storage buildings dominated the river front at Partick until they were demolished in the opening years of the 21st century.
Reference: T-CN 19/6/Neg No. P2-26
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Clyde Navigation Trust, cranes, granaries, Meadowside Granary, Meadowside Quay, scaffolding, storms