An advertisement the Post Office Glasgow directory of 1926-1927 for the leather belting manufacturers John Tullis & Son. The firm came to Calton from Arbroath in 1854 and in 1870 opened the St Ann's Leatherworks in John Street in Bridgeton. Large quantities of hard-wearing leather belting were required in a wide variety of factories and workshops where steam engines were used to drive machinery.
Reference: Mitchell Library, DIR 1926-27
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
advertisements, cattle, directories, factories, John Tullis & Son, leather belting manufacturers, leather manufacturers, Post Office Glasgow Directory, St Ann's Leatherworks, steam engines, steam power, transmission belts