Advertisements from the Post Office Glasgow directory of 1881-1882 for the British and Foreign Mineral Water Co's Loch Katrine Mineral Waters, a horse repository and cattle market in Graham Square and the West End Horse Bazaar.
Aerated waters became increasingly popular during the late 19th century, especially as an alternative to alcoholic beverages. The brand name adopted by the B&FMW Co is an obvious attempt to associate its products with the purity and freshness that was the popular perception of Loch Katrine water.
Reference: Mitchell Library, DIR 1881-82
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
advertisements, aerated water manufacturers, British and Foreign Mineral Water Co, cattle markets, directories, horse markets, horses, livestock, Loch Katrine Mineral Waters, Post Office Glasgow directory, soda syphons, West End Horse Bazaar