Advertisements for the Glasgow Joint Stock Banking Company of Miller Street and the Glasgow Paper Machine Wire-cloth Manufactory, from the Post Office Glasgow directory of 1842-1843.
The Glasgow Joint Stock Bank was founded in 1840 and in 1844 merged with the Edinburgh & Leith Bank to form the Edinburgh & Glasgow Bank. In 1858 the Edinburgh & Glasgow was acquired by the Clydesdale Bank.
Reference: Mitchell Library, DIR 1842-43
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
advertisements, banks, Clydesdale Bank, directories, Edinburgh & Leith Bank, Glasgow Joint Stock Bank, Glasgow Paper Machine Wire-cloth Manufactory, Post Office Glasgow directory, wire cloth manufacturers, wire merchants, wire rope manufacturers