A postcard showing the "Bell o'the Brae", the steep northern end of High Street leading to the Cathedral, c 1904. George Street is to the left, Duke Street to the right at the foot of the brae.
The woman standing by the cart in the foreground looking straight at the camera is barefoot. Behind her and across the street is the Globe Loan Office above a Teacher's Dram Shop. On the opposite corner there is an "oil and colour store" selling lamps and paraffin.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC Postcards
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Bell o'the Brae, carts, Globe Loan Office, oil and colour stores, postcards, pubs, streetscenes, Teacher's Dram Shops, William Teacher & Sons, women