A postcard view looking west along Dumbarton Road to Partick Cross, c 1910. In the centre of the image can be seen the distinctive dome of Partick Cross Mansions at the foot of Byres Road. The building was erected on the site of Partick's first Secession church, completed in 1824. On the near side of the Mansions is the junction with Byres Road.
The cafe on the left is the Partick Cross Restaurant and the tramline which runs along Dumbarton Road led to Anniesland and Yoker.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC Postcards
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
cafes, horses and carts, Partick Cross Mansions, Partick Cross Restaurant, postcards, restaurants, Secession church, streetscenes, tenements, trams