This postcard shows the buildings on Greendyke Street at the corner of Saltmarket c 1902. From 1834 until 1877 Mumford's Theatre (better known as Mumford's Geggie) occupied the wooden building that became John Cornin's new and second-hand clothing store.
The building was demolished shortly after this photograph was taken in 1902, as part of the City Improvement Trust's slum clearance programme.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC Postcards
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
City Improvement Trust, clothiers, drapers, geggies, Mumford's Geggie, Mumford's Theatre, postcards, second-hand clothes dealers, second-hand clothes shops, slum clearance, slums, theatres