A postcard view showing children playing in the street in the old village of Langside c 1902. In the background is Queen's Park. The area was developed as a suburb of villas, tenements and terraced houses from the 1850s and the buildings in the old village were demolished in the 1890s.
Langside was annexed by Glasgow in 1891 with other districts such as Kelvinside, Shawlands and Mount Florida and a number of suburban burghs.
Reference: Mitchell Library GC Postcards
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
children, cottages, lamp posts, parks, postcards, Queen's Park, street lighting, villages