A postcard view of Govan Town Hall at the corner of Summertown and Govan Roads, from the north east. Designed by the architects Thomson & Sandilands it was completed in 1899 at a cost of about £60,000 and formally opened in 1901 by Govan's Provost James Kirkwood. The building contains a large hall with a grand organ and seating for 2,500 people, a smaller hall, and municipal offices including a large suite of rooms for council business.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC Postcards
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Govan Burgh Halls, Govan Town Hall, halls, municipal buildings, organs, postcards, Thomson & Sandilands