A postcard view of Carmunnock, c 1913. The village was part of the Castlemilk estate, sold to Glasgow Corporation in 1938. To the right is Castlemilk Hall and Reading Room, built in 1893. In 2003 Carmunnock is the only rural village within the city boundaries.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC Postcards
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Castlemilk Hall and Reading Room, children, halls, Italianate, postcards, reading rooms, villages