The Octagonal Salon in Glasgow City Chambers, 1888. The salon, also known as the Ladies' Boudoir, is one of the building's reception rooms and is linked to the Satinwood Salon. It occupies the corner of the building where George Square meets George Street. This photograph was taken from the far side of the Satinwood Salon and shows the heavy silk curtains which could be lowered to separate the two rooms.
The decoration of the Octagonal Salon is similar to that of its neighbour with amberwood woodwork up to a height of 15 feet around the walls.
Reference: Mitchell Library GC f 725.13 CIT
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
amberwood, furniture, Glasgow City Chambers, municipal buildings, Octagonal Salon, photographs, reception rooms, Satinwood Salon, silk curtains, woodwork