A photograph taken in 1888 of what is known as the Crush Corridor in Glasgow City Chambers, presumably named for the fabric which lines its walls. The photographers were Bedford Lemere & Co of London who were commissioned to make a photographic record of the interior of the building to mark the opening by Queen Victoria. With many others it was included in a commemorative volume entitled The City Chambers, Glasgow.
Reference: Mitchell Library GC f 725.13 CIT
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Bedford Lemere & Co, corridors, Crush Corridor, Glasgow City Chambers, municipal buildings, photographers