Joseph Swan's depiction of Woodside Crescent, looking north from the junction with Sauchiehall Street near Charing Cross towards Woodside Terrace, 1839. The terrace was designed by George Smith (1793-1877), an Edinburgh architect, and was built in the early 1830s. Most of the elegant town houses are now converted to restaurants, offices and other business premises.
Reference: Mitchell Library, Glasgow Collection
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
children, crescents, gardens, horses and carriages, lamp posts, street lighting, streetscenes, town houses, women