A view from the north-west of the Bunhouse Mill on the River Kelvin, as it would have appeared c 1840. The weir can be seen to the left of the image and the trees on Yorkhill are in the background.
A mill was erected on the site during the 16th century and was known originally as the Archbishop's Mill. It was rebuilt in 1652 and enlarged in 1828. It was destroyed by fire in 1886, rebuilt by John Ure, and renamed the Regent Mill. The site is now occupied by a car park.
Reference: Mitchell Library, Glasgow Collection
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Archbishop's Mill, Bunhouse Mill, car parks, cottages, fishermen, fishing, mills, Regent Flour Mill, River Kelvin, thatched cottages, weirs