The Regent Flour Mill in Partick was built on the site of the Archbishop's Mill and was known for many years as the Bunhouse Mill owing to its proximity to the popular inn and tavern in Old Dumbarton Road known as the Bun and Yill House, or Bunhouse. This view is from Old Dumbarton Road, after the mill had been substantially rebuilt in 1828.
To the right of this image is a woman pumping water from a well. Two of the famous Partick ducks are nearby - perhaps destined to end up roasted and stuffed on the plates of the Duck Club of Partick!
Reference: Mitchell Library, Glasgow Collection
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Bun and Yill House, Bunhouse Mill, carts, dogs, ducks, horses, inns, mills, pubs, Regent Flour Mill, Regent Mill, taverns, wells, women