Thomas Fairbairn's view of the North Woodside Flint Mill on the north bank of the River Kelvin in Kelvinside, opposite the current site of the Botanic Gardens. The mill was built for Kidston, Cochran & Co on the site of old grain mills in 1846, to grind flints for pottery glazes. It closed during the 1960s, but the ruins (including a kiln, weir and lade)have been preserved.
Reference: Mitchell Library GC 914.14353 FAI
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Botanic Gardens, flint mills, glass manufacturers, glass manufacturing, grain mills, Kidston, Cochran & Co, North Woodside Flint Mill, pottery manufacturers, pottery manufacturing, River Kelvin, women