An 1821 engraving of "Regent Street Chapel" by Robert Scott. The building is the Regent Place Church, erected by the United Secession Church in 1819. The picture appeared in a book called Glasgow Delineated, published by Wardlaw and Cunninghame, which included many significant Glasgow landmarks.
Regent Place lay at the eastern end of Blackfriars Street on the southern boundary of the Old College of the University of Glasgow. The church stood on the south side, facing the Hunterian Museum. It was demolished with the other buildings on Regent Place between 1877 and 1879, to make way for the City of Glasgow Union Railway Co's College Station and goods yard.
Reference: Mitchell Library GC 914.1435 GLA (1821)
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries, Information and Learning
chapels, churches, City of Glasgow Union Railway Co, engravings, Glasgow Delineated, railway stations, Regent Place Church, Regent Street Chapel, streetscenes, United Secession Church, Wardlaw & Cunninghame