This unusual view depicts Glasgow from the northeast, c 1760, and is by an unidentified member of the Foulis Academy. The roadway in the foreground is the Town's Mill Road.
The towers of the Cathedral are on on the far right, behind Golf Hill. The view includes the towers and steeples of many other Glasgow buildings, which helped create the city's distinctive skyline.
Reference: Mitchell Library, FA 19/2
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Foulis Academy, Glasgow Cathedral, Golf Hill, Observatory, St Andrew's Church, steeples, towers