A view of Glasgow looking east from Anderston in 1761. In the distance on the left is the spire of the Cathedral, at the top of the Bell o' the Brae. The wide road leading to Glasgow through the fields was known as Anderston Walk and it was popular for Sunday promenades. On the right of the engraving is the medieval Glasgow (or Bishop Rae's) Bridge spanning the River Clyde.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC 941.435 GOR
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Anderston Walk, Bishop Rae's Bridge, bridges, Glasgow Bridge, Glasgow Cathedral, River Clyde, roads, spires, steeples, Sunday promenades, Sunday walks, views of Glasgow