A range of shops and houses at 125 to 135 Gallowgate, with the bottom of the Spoutmouth on the left. The old Saracen's Head Inn was located on the other side of the Spoutmouth.
This row is characteristic of old Glasgow's street architecture. The tall building on the left had the date 1714 inscribed on its gable, but 1708 on the front wall. It was certainly erected before the two buildings adjoining it. The building to the right with pediment windows, is recorded as early as 1666 when it was purchased by John Thomson, a Glasgow merchant. At the end of the 18th century it was occupied by Mr Hozier of Barrowfield.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC 941.435 GOR
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
houses, pediment windows, Saracen's Head Inn, shops