Jocelin's Crypt in Glasgow Cathedral, c 1872.
Glasgow Cathedral was destroyed by fire some time in the late 12th century, but was rebuilt by Bishop Jocelin and dedicated in 1197. The building was subsequently greatly extended and remodelled, and all that remains of Jocelin's work is one vaulting shaft in the south-west corner of the crypt.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC 941.435 GOR
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
crypts, fires, Glasgow Cathedral, Jocelin's Crypt, vaulting shafts