A view from the south of the ruins of the "Auld Pedagogy" on Rottenrow, c 1830.
After the foundation of the University of Glasgow in 1451, rooms were rented in the Rottenrow near Glasgow Cathedral for living and teaching accommodation. The University had moved to more spacious accommodation in High Street by the end of the decade. By the 19th century the Rottenrow building, still known as the "Auld Pedagogy", had become a ruin.
This engraving is based on an earlier work by W S Rose.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC 941.435 GOR
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Auld Pedagogy, houses, University of Glasgow