The clubhouse at Sandyhills Golf Club, photographed in 1925 the year after its opening.
Sandyhills golf course was opened in 1906. The first captain was John Adam of Larchgrove, who had been one of the founder members of Sandyhills Golf Club in the previous year. An area of 61 acres was acquired from the estate of Sandyhills House to build the course and in 1910 it was extended to the south, across the Battle Burn. By 1926 the club owned all the land covered by the course.
Today, the 18 hole parkland course extends to a total of 6,253 yards, with a par of 71.
Reference: Glasgow City Archives, TD1271/1/132
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Battle Burn, golf club houses, golf clubs, golf courses, Sandyhills Golf Club, Sandyhills House