Housing at Tweedvale Avenue, Yoker, photographed in 1938. The building is a four-in-a-block flatted type, with three-apartment flats consisting of two bedrooms, living room, bathroom and kitchen.
The land on which Tweedvale Avenue was built was acquired by Glasgow Corporation in 1926. Prior to that, Yoker had been part of an enclave of Renfrewshire on the north bank of the Clyde. The Burgh of Clydebank had attempted to annexe the area, but Glasgow demonstrated its need for land for housing was greater and was able to extend the city's western boundary to the Yoker Burn.
Reference: Pre-war and war time housing, A/2/F/56
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
council houses, flats, four-in-a-blocks, Glasgow Corporation, housing estates, housing schemes, Yoker Burn